See Calendar for Current Schedule
Meditators new and experienced come join us on Wednesdays for some mindfulness meditation!
This is a thirty minute free weekly class. Why not start a new practice, the support and the teaching is here!
There will be no sharing or talking, only a simple guided meditation. Participants are then welcome to leave or join the teacher for a brief question and answer period. Please enter mindfully and quietly and bring a cushion if you prefer to sit on the ground. The ancient wisdom of mindfulness has been supported by scientific research. Studies have found the following benefits for people who have completed mindfulness training and practice mindfulness meditation:
- Increased self-awareness, self-trust, and self-acceptance
- Enhanced appreciation of life
- Serenity in the face of difficulties
- More accepting attitude toward life and its challenges
- More fluid adaptation to change and development of more effective coping strategies
- Lasting decreases in a variety of stress-related physical symptoms, including chronic pain
- Significant decreases in anxiety and depression
- Improved concentration and creativity
- Improved immune system functioning
- Decreased symptoms secondary to cancer